-
March 21st, 2006, 04:45 AM
#11
Inactive Member
I am afraid that it is just part of the skates due to the kind of vinyl they used to make them. [img]frown.gif[/img]
I would sure love to hear that I am wrong and that I just got a bad pair. I tried buying cute shoes and boots off of ebay and had the same problem. Most of them had an awful smell that must have come from the cheap vinyl they were made of. I tried everything I could think of including putting them in the open air and the sun for weeks, but they never improved. I finally just vowed to never buy any shoes except from AG. I sure hope these skates aren't indicative of what we can expect from AG in the future.
-
March 21st, 2006, 04:55 AM
#12
Inactive Member
I didn't notice a problem with Molly's new skates but that might be because I got them at the same time as Sam's bike and the overwhelming smell coming from the bike might have covered up any odor from the skates. I had to leave the bike outside for two days before the odor finally eased up enough to risk putting it in my doll room.
Now the bike smells fine and I don't notice any problem with the skates but I really hope I this doesn't happen again. I think the technical term is "outgassing" because the materials used to make the item are giving off gases that cause the smell. Almost anything can outgas to some extent but when it does it so strongly and objectionably, I've got to wonder about the materials being used in the first place.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks